Now, more than ever, becoming a Charity Crossing volunteer has never been easier! For all of our prospective volunteers, here’s a handy guide on how to get started with Charity Crossing.
Volunteering benefits everyone involved since it allows you to help people in the community and also allows you to learn new things, make new friends, and have fun. Here’s a detailed guide on becoming a CC Volunteer who can help bring change to our community.
First, look at the CC website, https://charitycrossing.org, and learn about our organization’s purpose, mission, and goals.
Next, in the Register option in the Account tab, sign up with your email, and agree to the rules and ideals of CC values. After that, you can navigate to the Events option in the Volunteering tab or go to https://charitycrossing.org/events to sign up for events you are interested in and are available for. You can even bring your family and friends to volunteer at events; however, they need to sign up as well (so we don’t have too many volunteers). Remember, all tickets are free, so anyone can volunteer as long as they are dedicated and respectful. To make things even simpler, you can always check the Registered Events option under the Volunteering tab or go to https://charitycrossing.org/registered-events and have a detailed schedule of the events you signed up for.
Finally, add your hours in the Entering Service Hours option in the Volunteering tab after your event or go to https://charitycrossing.org/entering-service-hours, and continue signing up for events!
When becoming a volunteer, there are a few small things to keep in mind, which include the fact that minors can’t come to events alone for their safety and must have a parent/guardian with them. Additionally, Charity Crossing discourages canceling events without a proper reason since it suddenly creates a lack of volunteers for a specific event. Finally, volunteers are expected to be respectful, kind, and helpful. But remember, the most important thing is to have fun, make new friends, and see yourself impact that you are making on the community. Now, I encourage every possible volunteer to go to https://charitycrossing.org and bring a positive impact to our community!
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and LinkedIn. We are also on the web through our website. Through volunteer work, you can even build your social media profile, which is especially helpful when you are applying for higher education or searching for a job.
A quick reference guide to our Volunteers
- Register at https://charitycrossing.org/register/ (one-time activity)
- Sign up for events at https://charitycrossing.org/events/ (you need to do this every time you want to serve). You can view the events you registered for at https://charitycrossing.org/registered-events/ It is hard to find volunteers at short notice. Please avoid last-minute cancellations.
- Record your service hours at https://charitycrossing.org/vtf/
- You are welcome to bring your family to serve. However, you must buy volunteer tickets for them when registering for an event. All volunteers’ tickets are free.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all minor volunteers.
- Service hours are calculated as follows: actual service hours plus travel hours (travel hours should not exceed 1 hour).
- You may be eligible for Presidential Volunteer Service Awards. Check eligibility criteria here https://presidentialserviceawards.gov/eligibility