Today Charity Crossing conducted the 8th quarterly blood donation drive. This initiative started two years ago when we heard about the blood shortage at the onset of Covid-19. Every quarter 5 or 6 people donated blood. On our 2nd anniversary we achieved many milestones:
1. 17 people donated blood today ( Kirti Daga, Arun Daga, Aarti Daga, Jay Muthukamatchi, Sunil Kumar, Janardhan Baddam, Shailaja Sivva, Rupali Langote, Chandra Dontaraju, Veni Jayakumar, Baranidharan Radhakrishnan, Dan Davis, DE Senator Nicole Saville Poore, NCC Councilman David L. Tackett, Sippi Sharma, Arundhati Bose, Vellore Gopi ).
2. 5 people are first-time donors ( Nicole Saville Poore, Sippi Sharma, Aarti Daga, Arun Daga, Kirti Daga )
3. 17 years old is our youngest donor Kirti Daga
4. 20 years – Veni Jayakumar has been donating blood. She has the longest streak.
5. 50+ people will benefit from today’s donation. Thank you donor for giving this life-saving gift.
DE Senator Nicole Saville Poore is interested in bringing her Legislative colleagues to CC’s next quarterly blood donation drive. Looking forward to it.
Our volunteers stood by first-time donors, held their hands, and gave hugs. The volunteers did whatever it took to make it comfortable for the donors.