New Castle County has published a short video about our Socks for the Homeless drive. You can see our volunteers are busy collecting, sorting, packing, and distributing the socks and making an impact in our community.
With the help of New Castle County Government, we have collected 1,000 pairs of socks. We collected another 2,000 pairs of socks from corporations, private donors, and Schools. We plan to distribute about 3000 pairs of socks on Feb 14th, the ‘Socks for Homeless Day’. We will make this Valentine’s Day special for many people across Delaware.
Special thanks to Jane Jefferson Rattenni, Maria Sacco, Jason Miller, Kyle Grantham, NCC Librarians, and NCC employees for their support.
The State of Delaware declared February 14, 2018 as “Socks for the Homeless Day” in the State of Delaware.
To make the less fortunate people feel loved this Valentine’s day as well as to commemorate Socks for the homeless day declaration in the State of Delaware, the Charity Crossing partnered with Shelter Homes and service providers across the State of Delaware and distributed the donated items on February 14th, 2018.
We distributed 3,000 pairs of socks, gloves, hats, and winter coats and helped many in our community stay warm during the winter.
Charity Crossing thanks the following organizations for supporting this initiative:
- Delaware Legislature
- City of Wilmington, Delaware
- Kent County Levy Court
- New Castle County Government
- Caravel Academy
- Barclay card (Winter Drive)
- The Joy of Sox
- Connections Community Support Programs, Inc.
- Spirit of Life Lutheran Church
- Waters (Alfred G.) Middle School
- Premiere Charities
- Code Purple Kent County
- The Paris Foundation
- Tamil Association of Greater Delaware Valley (TAGDV)
- Balavihar Students of Sri Mahalakshmi Devasthanam
- Forget Me Not Families
- The Art of Living (Newark, DE)
- Dupont (H.B.) Middle School
- Nandana (Sells paintings to raise money. An inspiring story).
- Be Educated Movement
- Hopes and Dreams
- Krishna Village
- Odyssey Charter School
- Shue-Medill Middle School
- Wilmington Charter School
We distributed 3,000 pairs of socks, hats, gloves, scarves, winter coats, winter clothing, and food on the Valentine’s Day. We made it special.